It’s officially summer and a very beautiful day here in Chicago! This list is a mixture of things I need to do, want to do and hope to accomplish by the end of the summer. You may recognize a few items from last years list that I didn’t get to…
That’s all I’ve got so far. But… I’m sure I’ll add to it when I think of more. It’s going to be great summer!
Long time no talk. Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. SO much has happened since the last time I blogged. It’s crazy how much can change in just six months time. I’m happy to say though that I am alive and well and I just finished up my junior year of college! I included just a few photos of my favorite moments from the past few months. Here’s the major moments you’ve missed:
1. Flashback to mid-November… My first theatre production,Trojan Women, was a success! I played the crazy Cassandra.
2. I rang in the new year with my favorite people in the world. And… my dress was on point. lol
3. I played Betty in the AU student theatre production. My friend directed the show that I was in, All in the Timing.
4. My school put on A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare and I got to play Titania! This was so exciting for me and such a wonderful experience.
5. Sadly I have not been running as much as I’d like to. Back in December I thought that I tore my meniscus but I never went in and got an MRI so I’ve just been taking it easy. I run as often as I can (stopping if it’s painful) and really hope to get back on track this summer!
6. My eating habits haven’t been great but I’ve been able to maintain my weight pretty well. This summer I plan to eat better but also not be afraid to enjoy food because I LOVE IT. If you know me, you know that I love to eat and I love trying new things. This semester, I tried Thai food and soul food for the first time! (crazy, right?)
7. My dad’s job is transferring him to Cincinnati so my parents will both be moving down there. Next year I’ll be living with my brother to finish out school. It’s been tough especially since I’ve lived in my house for 14 years but it’s for the best.
I’ve really missed blogging and now that it’s summer and I have a lot more time on my hands, you will be seeing a lot more of me! Be on the lookout for my Summer 2014 To-Do List. I have a lot planned!
It’s been a crazy past few days and next week is going to be even crazier… So here’s what’s been going on:
I’ll check back in soon ❤️
Got my headshot taken a few weeks ago at school! Here’s the result(s).. 😀
It was such a gorgeous fall day today to explore Starved Rock State Park (the same place where Christian proposed)!! My mom, my dad & I hiked for almost four hours on the trails. We explored canyons, caves, overlooks and even went off the marked path a few times ;) My parents were such troupers considering the millions of stairs they had to climb! Hence why you see my mother struggling in a few of those pictures; I just had to capture it.
It was so beautiful today! The weather wasn’t too cold and there was just the right amount of leaves that had changed. Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year, I just love the colors! We did some serious exploring and even found a little cave. My knees did really well today and I’m thinking that once my play is over in three weeks I’ll finally be able to start on a regular running schedule again, which I’m really excited about!!! They should be completely healed by then & I’ll have much more time.
After a long day of hiking we went to a restaurant nearby and I enjoyed a very delicious & well-deserved plate of chicken fettuccine alfredo. yum yum :)
Immune System Boosting Juice:
It’s officially flu season & I’m already starting to feel a slight tickle in my throat. This is one of my favorite juices by far! The lemon & ginger are great to ward off any sort of sickness. I’m so busy lately and I absolutely cannot afford to be sick. I even squeezed a lemon & put it in my water bottle for the day! Gotta be extra cautious…
My meals of the day!
Breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs & strawberries (I had a lot more bacon & strawberries, they’re just not pictured)
Lunch: bean tostadas with tomatoes, salsa, cheese, guacamole & lettuce
Dinner: lots of veggie stew!!
Just a little reminder of how far I’ve come… Almost 30 pounds down & only 3 pounds from my goal!
Note: The first photo was taken over a year ago and was not my heaviest (there’s not many pictures of me at my heaviest) and the second photo was taken last month.
Late night rehearsal shenanigans 😂
Awkward work selfie at 8am! 💁
Today’s to-do list:
It was a busy busy weekend. I’m also just getting the chance to post about it because this week is crazy. I’m working the night shift in the computer lab right now & no one’s here so I can finally post! Here’s what went down:
That’s awesome; small world!! & thank you. I’m super excited to play her! :))